Wednesday 3 March 2010

Wednesday 3rd March 2010

Its been another up and down week regarding training for LEJOG. Last Thursday 90 Min on Turbo and I decided to have a rest day on Friday.

Sat morning up early with Jack and we managed 20 Miles on the "DOG" bike buggy he's had a hair cut so I think he felt the cold. On Saturday afternoon I managed 48 Miles went out via Kilwining to Barmill over the hill To Dunlop and then out via Howies where i was met with 6ft snow drifts, I then went over the Glasgow Rd to the A77 and back to Irvine through Kilmarnock. Good hilly run but I was knackered.



Jack with his hair cut.

Sunday Old firm day (No more mention about the result), decided to go out in the morning to spin the legs 35 miles at a relatively slow pace, I had a few beers in the afternoon, I suppose you could say i drowned my sorrows. Pissed as a fart.............

Monday no Cardiac Rehab class (Christmas Night Out), decided to go out on bike and managed 25 hilly miles, up over Dundonald hill, I burned 2686 Calories in 1.5hrs. Not to bad considering it was bloody cold.

Disaster Tuesday, Walkers Club Run, I had another tumble tonight, hit a Pot hole @approx 15 MPH front Mavic Cosmic wheel hub split, 6 broken spokes wheel acted like a break I went straight over the handle bars no chance to react. I thought I had broken my wrist again due to the pain but my idea from last week with gel bar tape has cushioned my fall and prevented any other injury. North Ayrshire council are being sued for this tumble; British Cycling have been contacted and they will deal with my claim. £150.00 wheel totally knackered. I have taken photos of the Pot hole and the damage to my bike and I also have 6 good honest witnesses.



Front Mavic Cosmic wheel that was damaged after hitting pot hole, You can see where the hub is split and the 6 broken spokes, Surprisingly there was no impact puncture.

Tonight I managed another flat 30 miles average speed 17.3mph and I burned 3127 calories in 1hr 40min. Total road millage for the week is 172 miles not to bad considering I haven't been out much.

LEJOG Meeting tomorrow night no updates on sponsorship & hosptal next monday regarding broken wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment