Wednesday 24 February 2010

Wednesday 24th Feb

Had news regarding sponsor ship on Sunday night, looks like my main sponsor will make a decision in April as they are waiting to see what the company budget is going to be for sponsor ship deals for 2010.

Its been an interesting week training, most training has again been done on the Turbo approx 10hrs not to bad considering how boring it can be.

First TTT of the season last Sunday, my team mate Peter had a long hard cycling training week in Malega, lucky bugger; he's getting stronger & stronger, due to my injury I feel as if I am going back the way.

Our start time was 09.19 on the coldest morning of the week (-7) we were finished by 09.38. my wrist gave out on the first climb as I had to get out saddle to keep up with Pete, my weight and the vibration from the road aggravated my injury. I had no strength for braking or to change gears no option but to stop. Extremely disappointed as I let my old team mate down.

Used my new MAVIC Cosmos carbon deep rim wheels on TTT, Struggled at first but when cranked up to speed they were fast.

Monday; more bad medical news, but I know the person involved is going to pull through a true fighter & a very strong willed lovely livley person.

Tuesday Walkers CC club run night 35 miles average speed 16,7mph and no wrist pain, I had a brain storm and by using Gel cycling bar tape I wrapped it around my wrist then fitted my splint over the gel tape, great cushion worked a treat no pain and I could also brake and change gears.
It was great to get on my bike again here's hoping I can now start to get 250-300 miles in a week weather permitting.

LEJOG Meeting this Monday final preparations for accommodation & food stops etc.

A good friend of mine at work made me a lovely Pasta dish Indian style, absolutely delicious the only thing is I haven't stopped farting for 2 days........... My bums red raw........ or is that just saddle sores??? If anyone wants the recipe please let me know.

I am still concerned about Beta Blockers on how they are going to restrict me when on LEJOG. If any Doctors read this BLOG Please drop me a post on any opinions that they might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment