Monday 15 March 2010

LEJOG Training Diary Update

Its been a few weeks since my last LEJOG Training blog update and eight weeks tonight we will be on stage two of our journey. The good news is I have not picked up any new injury's apart from a saddle sore on my right buttock.

I must invest in a pair of ASSOS Cycling shorts; expensive but fantastic quality.

Martin & Laura are looking extremely strong they both work well together they show each other fantastic support; they have been great with me especially after my tumbles when I was feeling down they helped me bounce back they are full of encouragement; its good to have a team that can support each other I am sure we will be needing lots of encouragement when LEJOG starts.

I have also started to get out more on weekdays/nights by cycling to work weather permitting
and I am putting in longer miles at weekends my target by the end of April is 450 miles per week but Looking at this weeks weather forecast winter is returning Snow,Snow & more bloody Snow.

Rolls Royce & Lucozade, Port Head Tavern, Annick Tavern & Delta Bar (great watering holes) have all kindly sponsored me and the rest of the teamgribbon cycling team. BHF Have also now sent us sponsor ship forms tea shirts etc for our fundraising.

Our April training calendar is looking hard; A few Arran trips have been suggested at the weekends which has the infamies Fig of 8 Route. The distance is only 60 miles that includes The Ross, The String & Lochranza hills they are all extremely difficult climbs but when doing it twice I see it as a good tester for the first two days of LEJOG in May.
The hills have very fast technical descents that are very dangerous (Had a tumble @ 50mph last July broke my ankle).

I watched Sports relief John O'Groats - Landsend challenge very good lots of money raised but my god they were all pampered. Nice big bus with beds, plenty of food, massages what an easy life they had; us poor soles have got it all to do. Eddie Izzards marathon completion was really inspirational what an achievement Eddie done.

Sometimes I wish I had changed my fund raising to cancer research as over the last 4 - 5 months I have lost family & found out that more of my family & some of my close friends have this terrible disease, I guess I am to late i have committed my self and the rest of the team to the BHF.



LEJOG Training Calender

Week Starting 14th March

Distance 157 Miles
Avr Speed 16.3mph
Avr H/R 120bpm
Max H/R 160bpm
Cal 17,008


Week Beginning Sunday 21st March

Distance 278 Miles
Avr 17.1mph
Avr H/R 126bpm
Max H/R 168bpm
Cal 21,328

Week Beginning Sunday 28th March











1 comment: