Sunday 10 January 2010

LEJOG May 2010




Just set this BLOG up for our our training and cycling run for Lands End 2 John O'Groats in which we are riding in AID of BHF British Heart Foundation. The team consists of Tommy (That's Me) Martin Kuhn & Laura McFarlane We are riding for BHF as I had a heart Attack in October 2002 @ the age of 40 and I feel I the need to do something for this fantastic charity for the help they have given to me over the last 8 years.
I keep well now I am fit cycle approx 150 miles a week in winter and 250 to 300 in summer.


The Picture above is my new Specalized Tarmac that I am using for LEJOG and other road events.

All my training data is recorded on Garmin and Polar devices and can be accessed for viewing at the following links.
http://connect.garmin.com/dashboard;jsessionid=D6A945281C370ED10C652DC38A6C83BD?cid=123220

Our Link for BHF Donations http://www.justgiving.com/team-gribbon Please Donate Thanks!!!


Friday 1st Jan 2010

LEJOG Training starts today. Only 2 idiots out me and Laura Very very cold -9 it was that cold our water Bottles were frozen the wind chill must have been -12 or lower still managed to get 37 miles in with no slips or spills.

Monday 4th Jan

Another very cold day 34 hard miles managed to get some hills in; sticking to diet.

Tuesday 5th Jan

Tuesday night club run only 3 out 30 snowy and windy miles.

Wednesday 6th Jan

Very cold again 29 miles. I also today set up Just giving account for BHF.

http://www.justgiving.com/team-gribbon

Tuesday 12th Jan

Club run up A77 to Glasgow 39 Miles its getting milder.

Saturday 16th Jan

Back up to Glasgow using the A77 and home via Stewerton total 39.8 Miles

Sunday 17th Jan

Another cold day but managed 49 Miles.

Monday 18th Jan

Cardiac Rehab class back tonight after Christmas and New year. I have kept to my diet and my weight loss was 3lbs down to 14 stone 5. Very pleased.

Tuesday 19th Jan

Club run 40 miles.

Friday 22nd Jan

Training run with Laura & Martin first time we've been together for a few weeks 40 miles windy & cold.

Saturday 23rd Jan

38 miles on my own weather is getting better.

Sunday 24th Jan

Club run with Laura,Scotty Angela 60 miles, vast improvement in the weather. Beginning to feel strong especially on the hills. Todays Garmin Data http://connect.garmin.com/activity/23225050

Monday 25th Jan 2010

Cardiac Rehab Class Good work out BP 118/77 Weight 14stone 3lbs. (Its coming down)

Tuesday 26th Jan 2010

Tuesday night club run had a tumble from bike, carried on and got 41 miles in. Left wrist was slightly sore at the end of run, Got home showered, something to eat watched Shameless then went to bed. At 2 am I was in severe pain ended up going to Crosshouse hospital A&E. My fears were confirmed wrist is broken in 2 places. That's 3 breaks in 2 years in which 2 are in 5 months. So much for staying injury free. Laura you are mad shorts on at this time of year? Tonights Garmin Data http://connect.garmin.com/activity/23335658

Wednesday 27th Jan 2010

No road work for obvious reasons got 1 hr on Turbo wrist is pain full. I will start to record Garmin and Polar Data, BP Max HR, Average HR, MPH etc.

Thursday 28th Jan 2010

Had to visit consultant @ Crosshouse hospital good news only 1 break the other break was from an old injury this is the 3rd time I have broken this wrist,cast is only on for 2 weeks. Have to take it easy no bike for 1 week. Just going to have to work on Turbo.

Friday 29th Jan 2010

Real downer because of this wrist injury; let work know that I will only be off for 2 weeks, decided to have a few beers and drown my sorrows. Also met up with teamgribbon members we are still trying to decide what accommodation we should be looking at. Camper van with support driver is looking good. No Training today.

Saturday 30th Jan 2010

Went for 3 hour walk 6.5 miles with Jack my dog. Then the pub again no Training; I dare say that I have put on a few pounds this weekend with the amount of beer that I have had, will find out on Monday Night.

Sunday 31st Jan 2010

Another 3.5hrs walk with Jack and 1 hour session on Turbo. BP 118/69. Also pottered about garden today some bulbs are poking there noses through not long to spring.



Monday 1st Feb 2010.

Walked Jack this morning lovely morning here in Irvine. LEJOG Meeting tonight but I am unfortunately not attending as I have other commitments I think its regarding accommodation and route.

No road training due to wrist injury, the annoying thing about breaking your wrist is you cant drive and have to rely on others to pick you up, suppose I am fortunate that I have a good family and plenty of friends that are willing to help.

Cardiac Rehab class tonight good strong work out and of course I was severely slagged off due to wrist break. Polar Data to follow.

Weighed my self put on 1.5lbs since last Monday, I suppose if you attack the booze at weekends you have got accept the conciseness's. Just have to work harder on Turbo this week and stick too my diet and hopefully shed those pounds.







































3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tommy, hubby and I are also doing LEJOG in June 2010. Maybe we will bump into each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tommy, which Garmin unit do you use? I have a Garmin 705 Edge which is fab. I'm also on Garmin Connect but don't always track everything. Gym is particularly hard as I don't move out of the building :-)Must probably use my Polar then.

    ReplyDelete